[Nix-dev] Repo for incomplete/unmaintained work

Shea Levy shea at shealevy.com
Sat Apr 5 21:46:20 CEST 2014

Hi all,

Currently we have quite a lot of unmaintained, broken, or work-in
progress components in nixpkgs. It would be great if we could get to the
point where everything in nixpkgs was expected to work and be
maintained, but part of that I think is having a place for this other
work that isn't quite up to scratch but still may be valuable can live
(it could also include experimental coding styles, proprietary services,
etc.).

Thoughts on the idea? Any idea for a name for the repo? Eelco, would you
be able to make the repo if you think this is a good approach?

~Shea