[Nix-dev] Maven support in nix

James Cook james.cook at utoronto.ca
Mon Apr 7 03:42:36 CEST 2014

On 6 April 2014 16:51, shacka <shacka at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Nixers,
>
> is it possible to build maven project as nix package?
>
> Thanks,
> Andrii

I had the same question a while ago and poked around the repository.
There's something in the pkgs/build-support/release directory, but
it's not clear to me what any of that code does, since it's not
referenced from anywhere else.  Can anyone shine some light on what
that directory is for?  I think I tried using mvnBuild, and saw Maven
downloading dependencies from the web, which seemed impure.  So my
guess is that nobody's implemented a clean maven builder yet, but
please correct me if I'm wrong.  Doing it properly might take some
work, as in the way Haskell Cabal packages are currently built.

James