[Nix-dev] Hash Collisions

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Mon Apr 7 17:34:16 CEST 2014

Excerpts from Thomas Bereknyei's message of Mon Apr 07 13:48:45 +0000 2014:
> I have seen these collisions as well, but I do not understand them. They
> don't seem to have a detrimental effect on anything.

Let me explain: nixos builds a "system profile". Eg ls -l /run/current-system/sw

When two packages which get linked to that directory provide the same
file (see your log) - then collisions happen.
Now its up to you to review / change order to make the difference which
man page will be opened for instance.

Marc Weber