[Nix-dev] customizing the profile and environment

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 20:19:40 CEST 2014

On 04/06/2014 06:24 PM, Ben Franksen wrote:
>    How do I customize what gets put in my profile and environment?

Currently there are no options. All paths are linked into user
profiles/environments (but for a few hard-coded exceptions).

I plan some work on allowing to exclude some files from linking into
user/system envs, but I can't say when or if ever that will be pushed.

As for search paths... for the purpose of being in build inputs of other
packages, one can define hooks that modify the environment of the
builder (e.g. extend PATH, add library search paths). No such
(automatic) option exists for user/system profiles (yet).

Vlada