[Nix-dev] systemPackages vs. services.dbus.packages

Kirill Elagin kirelagin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 23:03:32 CEST 2014

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 11:29 PM, Mathijs Kwik <mathijs at bluescreen303.nl>wrote:

> I use that as much as possible.
> There's really no need for a lot of packages to be in systemPackages or
> in some user profile if they only provide a service and don't have lots
> of often-used CLI tools. Same goes for udevPackages.

How exactly do you use that? I mean, there are _exactly two_ NixOS modules
that add some packages to `dbus.packages` but do not add those same packages
to `systemPackages`.

% grep -Rl 'dbus\.packages' | xargs grep -L 'systemPackages'
modules/services/x11/display-managers/lightdm.nix
modules/services/x11/desktop-managers/e17.nix