[Nix-dev] Hash Collisions

Ben Franksen ben.franksen at online.de
Tue Apr 8 23:43:47 CEST 2014

https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/commit/dbe432e6f4502fc7b4e290d1b3356083bd93b099
> for an example of the savings you can get.

Ah, I was wondering about multiple outputs (if we actually mean the same
thing here: one source tree, multiple packages, e.g. binary, dev, doc) as
this seems to be standard practice in packaging nowadays. I am looking
forward to 14.10, then... :)

BTW, it is currently a common limitation (e.g. in debian) that although one
can have multiple versions of a binary package installed, there can be only
one version of the development package. I think NixOS should be able to
easily avoid such a restriction, and this would be a very strong selling
point!

Cheers
Ben
--
"Make it so they have to reboot after every typo." -- Scott Adams