[Nix-dev] Objections to switching to Bluez5?

Kirill Elagin kirelagin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 19:28:57 CEST 2014

I'd like to upgrade to Bluez 5 since I have no idea how to control Bluez 4
from the commandline.

The bad news here is that Bluez 5 completely dropped support for
microphones (that is, one
can user his headset to play music, but not to talk). [1]

That's why it would be nice to leave users some choice: Bluez 4 or 5.

Also PA 5 is required to have BT audio playback with Bluez 5.
It looks like PA 4 -> 5 upgrade should be smooth.
I could look into possibility of this upgrade but I'm not sure how to deal
with
systemd-related stuff in PA expression. It looks like currently PulseAudio
is
being built without systemd support for some reason.

  [1]: http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/Notes/5.0/

--
Кирилл Елагин