[Nix-dev] impureEnvVars, the second

Ben Franksen ben.franksen at online.de
Thu Apr 17 17:04:50 CEST 2014

Hi All

sorry to bother you again regarding impureEnvVars. I still can't get my
fetchdarcs over ssh to work, even though I am now using constant-output
derivations and have

  impureEnvVars = [ "SSH_AGENT_PID" "SSH_AUTH_SOCK" ];

in my fetchdarcs/default.nix.

The environment variables are now defined in the builder. However, they are
empty :(

Could this be because I am using the Nix multi-user setup where building is
delegated to a number of nixbld users? Is impureEnvVars supposed to work in
this setting? If not, what can I do to make it work? If yes, then I probably
made a mistake when setting up the nix build users.

(I am using Nix-1.7.)

Cheers
Ben
--
"Make it so they have to reboot after every typo." -- Scott Adams