[Nix-dev] Problems installing NixOS with btrfs from a USB stick

Wout Mertens wout.mertens at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 07:34:59 CEST 2014

Well I think to workaround it, a call to ln -s needs to be added here:
https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/blob/master/nixos/modules/installer/cd-dvd/iso-image.nix#L213

I just can't remember right now what the symlink has to be... When I get
some time (and someone else doesn't beat me to it) I'll try to reproduce.

Of course the real issue is that mkfs.btrfs gets confused while trying to
find the root fs and should be fixed. Adding a symlink is an easier fix
though ;-)

Cheers,

Wout.