[Nix-dev] Restart systemd before restarting units?

Kirill Elagin kirelagin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 14:38:06 CEST 2014

Hi,

I've just upgraded to 14.04 and here is what I saw during activation:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
stopping the following units: acpid.service, alsa-store.service, <...>
Failed to stop systemd-udevd-control.socket: Bad message
Failed to stop systemd-udevd-kernel.socket: Bad message
<...>
Failed to stop systemd-vconsole-setup.service: Bad message
Failed to wait for response: Success
NOT restarting the following units: display-manager.service, <...>

If I got it right, activation uses new `systemctl`, and so there might be
any incompatibilities. Isn't it better to first call `daemon-reexec` and
stop units _after_ this? Or maybe first use old `systemctl` to do
`daemon-reexec` and then use the new one to restart units?

--
Кирилл Елагин