[Nix-dev] nix-shell cannot create directory followed by closeNest: command not found

Mateusz Kowalczyk fuuzetsu at fuuzetsu.co.uk
Sun Apr 27 07:18:10 CEST 2014

Hi,

I wanted to write some code for the Yi text editor today. It is a
Haskell program and I wanted to use nix to help me develop it. After
all, the ability to do this is one of the main reasons why I went for NixOS.

I followed instructions at [1] and using the Project Sandboxes section,
I have arrived at the default.nix file you can find at [2].

When I run ‘nix-shell’, the dependencies listed get downloaded (and
installed?) but the incantation fails with:

[shana at lenalee:~/programming/yi/yi]$ nix-shell
mkdir: cannot create directory
‘/nix/store/d5d5bmdqn9pp05yixckdbiamnhdp8hfw-haskell-yi-ghc7.6.3-0.8.1-profiling’:
Read-only file system
closeNest: command not found

Is there something I'm missing? I thought that maybe it's a name-clash
with existing package (Yi is already packaged) but changing the version
string in default.nix revealed that wasn't the case.

[1]:
http://ocharles.org.uk/blog/posts/2014-02-04-how-i-develop-with-nixos.html
[2]: http://lpaste.net/103249

--