[Nix-dev] RFC: NixOS version string format

Kirill Elagin kirelagin at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 13:00:33 CEST 2014

+1 for annotated tags and `git describe`.
It will also include a hash. Plus some additional useful information.
This way we automagically get beautiful names for releases and useful names
(with last tag and commit hash) for intermediate versions.

Upcoming 14.04 release might be a good point to start creating annotated
tags, right?

--
Кирилл Елагин