[Nix-dev] Wireless carl9170 usb driver - missing firmware

Kirill Elagin kirelagin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 09:39:32 CEST 2014

Looks like you have to package properly it and add to `hardware.firmware`.
Have a look at
https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/blob/master/nixos/modules/hardware/network/b43.nixfor
reference.

By the way, this firmware stuff looks a bit weird. I mean, the modules do
strange things like enabling unconditionally
firmware for many cards (but not all of them). I'm not sure that's how it
is supposed to be.

--
Кирилл Елагин