[Nix-dev] Unable to install NixOS unstable in UEFI system

José Romildo Malaquias j.romildo at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 13:50:16 CEST 2014

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 06:30:12AM +0200, Wout Mertens wrote:
> It looks like you are trying to do a UEFI boot but not providing the
> correct partition mounted in /boot.
>
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Gummiboot#Updating

The installation guide does not mention the need to mount /boot before
installation. The above link refers to installing Gummiboot on
archlinux, where the OS has already been installed, which is a very
different situation.

Besides that, when installing NixOS from the installation media, there
is alread a /boot directory, although it probably refers to the boot
from the installation media, not the one for the installed system.

And in a previous installation I have done a few months ago, it worked
without the need of any additional action regarding /boot.

So it seems there is a bug in the installation process.