[Nix-dev] Unable to install NixOS unstable in UEFI system

Wout Mertens wout.mertens at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 19:04:41 CEST 2014

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Unified_Extensible_Firmware_Interface#EFI_System_Partition

"The EFI System Partition (also called ESP or EFISYS) is a *FAT32 formatted
physical partition* (in the main partition table of the disk, not LVM or
software raid etc.) from where the UEFI firmware launches the UEFI
bootloader and application. It is a OS independent partition that acts as
the storage place for the EFI bootloaders and applications which the
firmware launches them. *It is mandatory for UEFI boot.*"

So perhaps last time it found it automatically?

Wout.