[Nix-dev] Slim failed to execute login command

Kirill Elagin kirelagin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 20:00:31 CEST 2014

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 7:51 PM, _1126 <lists at elfsechsundzwanzig.de> wrote:

> Another thing: I noticed that when being in X, like now, I have to
> sudo to reboot unlike before.

I haven't been using slim for a while, but I guess it might have bad
systemd support.
What exactly is the error when you try to reboot? It might ask you to
authenticate if
there are other active sessions.

You might want to check `loginctl list-sessions` and if there are sessions
other then yours,
do `loginctl show-session <session-id>`. As far as I know, having a hanging
session from
a display manager is ok if this session has State=closing and Class=greeter
(that's, actually,
the case with lightdm).