The role of the board is to provide operational and organisational support to the NixOS project and community.
In particular, its responsibilities are to:
- Handle the administrative, legal, and financial tasks of the foundation
Serve as an interface between the community and the corporate/governmental world:
- Handle sponsoring and donations
- Encourage contributions by individuals and organisations alike
- Balance the interests of volunteers, commercial actors, and public institutions
- Build and maintain beneficial and collaborative relationships
Provide a framework for teams to self-organise:
- Hand out the credentials and permissions required for the teams' work
- Fund community events and efforts
Unblock things that would be stuck otherwise, and serve as:
- Arbiter in case of conflicts
- Backup for critical tasks when needed
The board is not responsible for technical leadership, decisions, or direction.
Discourse Matrix GitHub Project board GitHub Team page