The Nix team has ownership of the Nix source code. It is accountable for and has the authority to make changes to Nix happen.
This includes, but isn’t limited to:
- Establish, communicate, and maintain a technical roadmap
- Enable contributors
- Ensure capacity for reviewing PRs and addressing issues
- Define and assert quality criteria for contributions
- Keep code healthy, documentation up to date
- Manage the release lifecycle
- Regularly publish reports on work done
- Engage with third parties in the interest of the project
The Nix team has a weekly meeting to triage and discuss issues and PRs, and a weekly working session to review PRs and hack on code.
Team handbook Discourse Matrix GitHub Project board GitHub Team page