[Nix-dev] NixOS boots and installs

Armijn Hemel armijn at uulug.nl
Sun Aug 14 03:41:56 CEST 2005

hi all,

yesterday/today/tonight I got NixOS to finally boot cleanly. Well, as clean
as it gets for now that is. There still are a few restriction. A disk has
to have at least the following partitions (hardcoded in the install
scripts):

- /dev/hda1 (for data)
- /dev/hda2 (for swap)

These have to be prepared and already tagged (with the right flags) before
you can install. Also you need to manually punch in some keys at the grub
prompt.

It fails right now because it can't find some devices (it's still using
the old devfs devices from the UML instance from waaaaay back), which I'll
fix either tomorrow^Wtoday or monday...

Next week demo on real iron :)

armijn