[Nix-dev] setxkbmap not finding rules by default

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Mon Dec 3 00:58:56 CET 2007

I've something like this in .bashrc to make setxkbmap work..

  alias setxkbmap='setxkbmap -rules /nix/store/y3ypnwv9aan45z0mk0ynqlp09r15xink-xkeyboard-config-0.9/etc/X11/xkb/rules/xfree86'

However I'd like to see a more permanent solution.

xkeybaord_config is in all-packages.nix
setxkbmap is in defined in xorg (where the same builder is used for
everything)

So should I add a setxkbmap wrapper in all-packages.nix ?
Or should I create a custom builder for setxkbmap not adding the binary to bin but the
wrapper?

Marc