[Nix-dev] configuring services again - common settings (eg admin email)

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Wed Nov 28 17:45:15 CET 2007

Some services have the same options such as
listenToPorts address:port, address:port
or kind of service admin (eg apache and squid)

Should we strive for keeping the nixos interface simple and looking the
same for all services or should we try to sue the original names
(eg apache adminAddr = "admin at h.com"  squid: cache_mgr = "admin at h.com" ) ?

When using the same names you could do something like this:

services = map (x : x // { adminAddr = "admin at h.com" }) {
  httpd = ...
  squid = ...
}

to make sure the admin adress is set correctly everywhere used?

Or is there another way to handle this?

Do you agree that this could be useful?

Marc Weber