[Nix-dev] installation fails to install grub to separate /boot

Adam Vogt vogt.adam at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 00:48:17 CET 2008

* On Sunday, February 03 2008, Michael Raskin wrote:

> So, in your case, did you mount /dev/sda2 to /mnt/boot?

So I tried it that way, using the config already sent to this list, and
/mnt/boot, stays mounted throughout the installation, except at the end, it
gets unmounted, then the message is:

  Probing Devices to guess BIOS drives. This may take a long time.
  Could not find device for /boot: Not found or not a block device

Well, it was up until the nixos-install script prints "finalizing the
installation", as I saw from the command mount and/or df.

That was from a fresh install. But there shouldn't be any difference
between running nixos-install when /mnt contains the results of a previous
install anyways, right?