[Nix-dev] installation fails to install grub to separate /boot

Michael Raskin 7c6f434c at mail.ru
Mon Feb 4 01:43:20 CET 2008

Adam Vogt wrote:
> So the installation worked completed fine (will see if it actually boots
> now) when specifying /boot as a device,  not a label, and:
>
> boot.bootMount = "(hd0,1)"
>
> Just a suggestion to make the documentation a bit more usable: provide a
> working config that specifies everything nixos can do: raid, lvm, separate
> boot partition:
I feel that the problem is that nobody knows all the whistles..
When I added the option for separate boot, I tested it with
device-specified mount and added description in options.nix. Surely I
have never used label mounts or LVM. I even put my configuration.nix in
online repository where it should logically be (/configurations/ tree),
but it doesn't look like that tree is widely used, though...