[Nix-dev] Sources and binaries

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Fri Jun 6 14:23:17 CEST 2008

Hi Pjotr,

To keep a resource of source package there are two ways:
Use a mirror, or use the store and make sure the source balls are never
removed (see config option described in A.3 Nix configuration file) or
add the resulting store paths explicitely to a gc root. I think there is
a way to traverse the build dep tree as well so that you even can write
a script doing exactly that  I think there is a way to traverse the
build dep tree as well so that you even can write a script doing exactly
that somehow.
Than you could put the tarballs on a server if the original source has
vanished.

How nix mirroring does work in detail I don't know exactly.
Buildfarm infrastructure? Sorry. Other should answer this question as
well. I've never setup one

HTH
Marc Weber