[Nix-dev] Git expression

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Fri Jun 13 03:33:57 CEST 2008

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 03:01:52AM +0200, Pjotr Prins wrote:
> Do we need all that documentation in the git package? Maybe we ought
> to split it out. Any policies in this regard?
Do you mean /nix/store/*-git/man/man1/* ?

There are two things which could be done:
a) gzip al man files for all packages (most distributions are doing this
anyway)
b) don't install them at all split them out
  (but only by getConfig option, please. I'm using them quite often)

Maybe we should talk about a general solution not beeing tight to git

Thanks
Marc Weber