[Nix-dev] Re: Git expression

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Mon Jun 16 16:31:29 CEST 2008

Pjotr Prins writes:

 > Do we need all that documentation in the git package?

Yes, I would like to have it installed. Unless, when I'm installing a
server on which I don't really work interactively, then I want no
extensive documentation installed. :-)

 > Maybe we ought to split it out. Any policies in this regard?

My preferred solution is to be able to choose, i.e. I would like to set
a "doc" option in .nixpkgs/config.nix. How about the following approach?

  getConfig [ "git" "doc" ] (getConfig [ "doc" ] false)

This way, users could set that 'doc' flag globally, but still override
the setting per-package.

Peter