[Nix-dev] Problem Installing NixOS...

Bárður Árantsson spam at scientician.net
Tue Jun 24 23:30:52 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I was trying to install NixOS in a VirtualBox from the

	nixos-0.1pre12055-i686-linux.iso

ISO and everything seemed to go fine, I rebooted after the installation
was complete, but now Nix complains

    error: Your Nix store has a database in Berkeley DB format. To
    convert to the new format, please compile Nix with Berkeley DB
    support.

whenever I try any of the nix-* commands.

Does this mean that I screwed something up during the install?
The only non-required thing I did during installation was to call
nixos-checkout (as the manual suggests).

Would building a more recent ISO from source work better?

Cheers,

--
Bardur Arantsson
<bardurREMOVE at THISscientician.net>

- The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
                                                          Alan Kay