[Nix-dev] Re: [Nix-commits] SVN commit: nix - 12156 - simons - nixpkgs/trunk/pkgs/development/libraries/adns

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Wed Jun 25 17:42:18 CEST 2008

Hi,

 >> nixpkgs/trunk/pkgs/development/libraries/adns/1.1.nix
 >> nixpkgs/trunk/pkgs/development/libraries/adns/1.2.nix
 >> nixpkgs/trunk/pkgs/development/libraries/adns/1.3.nix
 >> nixpkgs/trunk/pkgs/development/libraries/adns/1.4.nix
 >
 > I feel that having lots of different versions of a package in Nixpkgs
 > isn't a good idea in general, for a few reasons: [...].

Yes, I agree. ADNS is a special case for me, because I write an
asynchronous I/O library that uses ADNS as a resolver back-end, and Nix
allows me to test conveniently whether my code works with all available
versions. As far as I'm concerned, there is no need for Nixpkgs to carry
them all. I checked them in mostly because I had written the expressions
anyway.

Best regards,
Peter