[Nix-dev] status gnash?

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Sat Nov 1 04:01:16 CET 2008

Hi, I've had trouble building gnash on x68_64.

After getting the letaste (dev) source a strange error occured:
While building I got a message that boost_thread-mt-da could'nt be found
(?!).. After running find in /nix/store serveral times I noticed that it
doesn't exist, but that there is boost_thread-mt-d.a (note the ".")
which does make much more sense.

Its amazing that configure introduces boost_thread-mt-da in some
makefiles. Before running configure there are no occurences.

I didn't even try to track that down.. I've just run sed on all files to
replace it adding the "."
However compliation failed with
  ld: cannot find -lboost_thread-mt-d.a
which is even more strange because the command beeing run and
NIX_LDFLAGS both contain the -L flag pointing to a boost store path
containing that lib?

Any clue about why configure dosen't get the name right and why the lib
is still not found?

Is it because also -shared is used in that gcc command?

Marc Weber