[Nix-dev] Gnome installation

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Sun Nov 2 02:22:09 CET 2008

Hi maggesi! Welcome on board as well.
Don't think we've already met each other, do we ?

I'm personally not using any desktop environment.
I'm totally satisfied with wmii :-)

>  I tried with to fix this using nix-env --set-flag priority (has suggested in
There is a small thing you should know: --set-flag does only work on
already installed packages. So ify you try
  nix-env --set-flag <name-to-be-installed>
nothing will happen, I don't think there is a error message yet either (?)

About kde I'd suggest contacting __Sander__ who told me that he's been
using kde 3.5.
I've tried working on kde4 libs (because I've been interested in
taskjuggler) to no avail yet. I've suspended work on it. If you're
interested let me know (I don't have those changes committed to trunk)

Hash missmatches indicate that a package source has changed or that the
source is no longer availible (eg curl gets a 404 HTML document instead
which of course has another hash)
So the thing to do is taking over maintainance temporarely, lookup the
new location of the package and maybe even updating it (sending a small
patch to the mailinglist if you don't have commit access yet)

You may also want to join #nixos on freenode.

HTH - good luck
Marc Weber