[Nix-dev] CMake plus curses

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Tue Nov 18 23:23:14 CET 2008

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 03:15:28PM +0100, Peter Simons wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to modify the CMake package so that it builds the curses
> front-end ccmake, but I didn't manage. Apparently, passing ncures in
> buildInputs doesn't do the trick because CMake doesn't realize that the
> libraries are available; it appears to expect them in /usr/lib only.
> Does anyone have a bright idea how to remedy the situation?

read the cmake docs, ask at #cmake or: have a look at how it's already
done a lot of times..
eg:
pkgs/applications/misc/qgis_svn/default.nix (cmake ... -DPATH=...)
You can check wether the curses libs have been found be opening
CMakeCache.txt file.
The one contains (after configuring!):

    //Path to a file.
    CURSES_INCLUDE_PATH:PATH=CURSES_INCLUDE_PATH-NOTFOUND

    //Path to a library.
    CURSES_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=CURSES_LIBRARY-NOTFOUND

    //Path to a library.
    CURSES_NCURSES_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=CURSES_NCURSES_LIBRARY-NOTFOUND

Those are the options you can set by -D..=value

But I've fallen into this trap as well. So I
guess we should add some documentation? Maybe directly within the cmake
expression file? Would you have had a looked at that file?

Another thing you can try is passing pkgconfig as buildInput as well.
Sometimes deps are found automatically that way.

If you still have trouble enhancing cmake let me know.

Sincerly

Marc Weber