[Nix-dev] cleanStart and cron

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Sat Nov 22 01:24:10 CET 2008

        There are some times when you want really small system for specific
        purpose and do not want default package list. Setting
        to create a system with empty path - only extraPackages will be
        included.

What does "small" system mean here?
cron is only added to path if cleanStart is not set. But it will be
build anyway because fcron has to run. So I don't see how this can
result in a *smaller* system ?

So maybe the first sencence should be changed to:

        If you only want extraPackages to be added to system path and no
        packages from jobs etc set this option?

I haven't searched for all places where this option is used. But in the
cron job place I find it confusing or better to say removing it from
path is not worth the effort, is it?

Marc