[Nix-dev] Re: [Nix-commits] SVN commit: nix - 13462 - ludo - nixos/trunk/system

Eelco Dolstra e.dolstra at tudelft.nl
Fri Nov 28 14:00:06 CET 2008

Michael Raskin wrote:

> Ludovic Courts wrote:
>> Add `host' to `systemPathList'.
>
>>      pkgs.gnutar
>>      pkgs.grub
>>      pkgs.gzip
>> +    pkgs.host
>>      pkgs.iputils
>>      pkgs.less
>>      pkgs.lvm2
>
> I don't think that is a good idea... host is a part of BIND distribution
> (together with dig), so that addition will cause conflicts for everyone
> wishing to install complete BIND toolset (including server). Make it
> lowPrio at least.

Actually, I'm very happy to finally have a "host" command, that was one of my
perennial annoyances with NixOS :-)  It should definitely be part of the default
install.

Also, systemPath is built with `ignoreCollisions = true', so it shouldn't really
be a problem.  You'll just get the first "host" in the list.  Maybe we should
move pkgs.host to the bottom of the list, even below the (++
config.environment.extraPackages)?  Then you'll still get the "host" from BIND
if you so desire.