[Nix-dev] NIX cache

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Mon Oct 6 18:01:55 CEST 2008

On Mon, Oct 06, 2008 at 04:33:37PM +0200, Pjotr Prins wrote:
> Question: I would like to cache binaries for my packages built against
> different kernelheaders. I can do it on my own webserver, if we don't
> want it on the nix-cache. Where do I find the information to set that
> up:
>
> 1. How do I get nix-push to work with ssh/rsync/webserver - in the
> latter case what modules should I use
>
> 2. Is a MANIFEST automatically created by nix-push?
>
> 3. Can I use rsync and generate a MANIFEST seperately?
>
> Thanks for your patience, I just need pointers if it is documented
> somewhere.

I've never used it, the man page says:

4. A manifest is created that contains information on the store paths, their eventual URLs in the cache, and
   cryptographic hashes of the contents of the NAR archives.

and the example pushes it up to the server ?
           $ nix-push \
               http://foo@bar:server.domain/cgi-bin/upload.pl/cache \
               http://server.domain/cache \
               http://foo@bar:server.domain/cgi-bin/upload.pl/MANIFEST \ << url where to put it?