[Nix-dev] Re: Installing TeXLive

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Thu Oct 9 16:55:44 CEST 2008

Michael Raskin <7c6f434c at mail.ru> writes:

> It is non-trivial because of the need to maintain correct ls-R files
> (and something else). So you will have to do some work done by TeXLive's
> helpers manually, and in exactly the same way.. I didn't find courage in
> myself to figure all that out (and to maintain it later).

Damn it.  The `ls-R' case is similar to Info's `dir' files (which list
all currently available `.info' manuals).  In both cases, a great thing
would be to have some sort of a hook invoked when `user-environment' is
built so that these files can be updated, say, a
`nix-support/user-environment-hook' script.  The downside is that it'd
slow down the `user-environment' derivation.

Would that be a reasonable option?

Thanks,
Ludo'.