[Nix-dev] User environment hooks . o ( started dreaming / don't know )

Andres Loeh andres.loeh at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 13 13:39:15 CEST 2008

>> Yes. All the more reason to use wrappers. How do you install the same
>> library for both compiler versions right now, if you don't use a wrapper?
>
> Well, so we agree on that now that wrappers are teh way to go :-)

Yes, I think we agree there.

We don't agree in the imperative vs. declarative user environment
question though? Well, maybe it's not necessary to agree right now.

The question is how to make the use of wrappers as user-friendly
as possible. It seems that so far wrappers work well if we'd go to
declarative user environment management, they work not so great
with nix-env ...

Cheers,
  Andres