[Nix-dev] Re: Gnash and buildfarm.

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Thu Oct 16 09:52:21 CEST 2008

Hi Michael,

Michael Raskin <7c6f434c at mail.ru> writes:

> 	1. Buildfarm trunk build fails over and over again.

Ouch, sorry!

> 	So, does anybody know what exactly is failing and how to fix it? Just
> right now I disabled gnash in build-for-release just to get a MANIFEST
> from buildfarm.

Commenting out "doCheck = true" in Gnash should be enough.

> I am going to re-enable gnash build afterwards, if I
> forget to do it, someone please fix it.. I have launched a dejagnu build
> to investigate a bit further. Ludovic, as you are GNU insider (and
> author of both Gnash and DejaGNU expressions), I hope you have some
> advice to give..

Well, not quite.  :-)

I test things on i686 in a chroot, and I did not observe any problem:

  $ nix-build -A dejagnu top-level/all-packages.nix
  store derivation is /nix/store/bgff3w9cjk0ir6dsjmarlbq5cisfp7ll-dejagnu-1.4.4.drv
  /nix/store/87mnz1kxii63cfvcqblj9snidmqfhwhb-dejagnu-1.4.4

Apparently this is the exact same derivation as the one that fails,
which is surprising.  Can you reproduce it on your own machine or does
it only happen on the build farm?

Thanks,
Ludo'.