[Nix-dev] xorgReplacements broke in nix-0.12pre12474

Jeevakan Suresh Jeevakan.Suresh at macquarie.com
Wed Oct 29 00:30:18 CET 2008

I just did an svn update, and when I try to install anything - I get the
following error.

error: while evaluating the function at
`/home/isdtc/jsuresh/.nix-defexpr/channels/channel/nixexpr/pkgs/lib/defa
ult.nix', line 42:
while evaluating the attribute `<let-body>' at
`/home/isdtc/jsuresh/.nix-defexpr/channels/channel/nixexpr/pkgs/lib/defa
ult.nix', line 43:
syntax error, unexpected '.', expecting '}', at
`/home/isdtc/jsuresh/.nix-defexpr/channels/channel/nixexpr/pkgs/servers/
x11/xorg/replacements.nix':1:76

I got rid of the compile errors by commenting out the '...' on line 1
and 3 in replacements.nix - I'm currently running nix-0.12pre12474 - I'm
guessing this is a new language feature?

When such changes are made, can I simply update nix via nix? Or do I
have to track the svn version of nix?

Cheers
Jeeva.

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright material of Macquarie Group Limited or third parties. If you are not the intended recipient of this email you should not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and should destroy all copies of them. Macquarie Group Limited does not guarantee the integrity of any emails or any attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's own and may not reflect the views or opinions of Macquarie Group Limited.