[Nix-dev] Re: loading emacs modes

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Wed Oct 29 09:37:57 CET 2008

Hello,

"Bas van Dijk" <v.dijk.bas at gmail.com>
writes:

> I just installed nixos today and I'm very impressed so far.

Welcome on board!  ;-)

> I want to do some haskell hacking so I installed emacs and
> haskell-mode (nix-env -i emacs haskell-mode). However, what should I
> put in my ~/.emacs to enable haskell-mode?

As you may have noticed by now, Emacs modes will usually end up in your
profile, normally under `~/.nix-profile/share/emacs/site-lisp'.  Thus,
all you need to do is to add the following to your `.emacs':

  (setq load-path
        (cons (concat (getenv "HOME") "/.nix-profile/share/emacs/site-lisp")
              load-path))

Once that is done, `(require 'haskell-mode)' (or whatever it's called)
should work.

Hope this helps,
Ludovic.