[Nix-dev] k3b has a runtime dependency on iceauth

Bas van Dijk v.dijk.bas at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 17:06:22 CET 2008

Hello,

I just successfully emerged (...having trouble not using Gentoo
terms...) k3b. However it fails to run:

$ k3b
kdeinit: Launched DCOPServer, pid = 19529 result = 0
mkdir: Owner of /tmp/.ICE-unix should be set to root
dcopserver: 'iceauth' not found in path, aborting.
DCOPServer self-test failed.
sh: iceauth: command not found
kdeinit: DCOPServer could not be started, aborting.
ERROR: KUniqueApplication: Can't setup DCOP communication.

Note that I'm not running a full kde desktop just a simple xmonad session.

After emerging (...last time I use it, I swear...) iceauth the problem
went away. However it should not happen in the first place. I guess
iceauth should be added as a dependency to k3b.

regards,

Bas