[Nix-dev] Git doesn't build in trunk nix-pkgs

Jeevakan Suresh Jeevakan.Suresh at macquarie.com
Thu Oct 30 02:59:14 CET 2008

Git fails to build when attempting to derive w3m-0.5.2

The error message is shown below.

checking /nix/store/217dx7nxn45akmh64draq6apjrwcrdy1-boehm-gc-7.1...
checking for GC_init in -lgc... no
configure: error: libgc not found

However, I did a bit of poking around, and the real issue seems to be a
broken configure script, which sometimes checks for libraries in
/usr/lib.

I fixed it by patching the configure script to *never* check for files
in /usr/lib. There is probably a more general solution - but I don't
have time or the autotools knowledge to pursue it.

I've attached the configure patch, and the changes to default.nix - can
someone with commit access review and commit these?

Cheers
Jeeva.

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright material of Macquarie Group Limited or third parties. If you are not the intended recipient of this email you should not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and should destroy all copies of them. Macquarie Group Limited does not guarantee the integrity of any emails or any attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's own and may not reflect the views or opinions of Macquarie Group Limited.