[Nix-dev] Re: firefox-3.0.1-with-plugins fails to build

Eelco Dolstra e.dolstra at tudelft.nl
Thu Oct 30 09:56:27 CET 2008

Ludovic Courtès wrote:

> I'm 90% sure the attached patch fixes the problem (it just mimics what's
> done for GNU IceCat).  Can you confirm this?

This patch should work but it does double the size of the Firefox installation
(because it includes a separate xulrunner build).  As far as I can tell, the
only reason mplayerplug-in and friends fail to build is because Firefox 3
forgets to install some XUL/XPCOM-related stuff (which it does build).  Firefox
2 did install them.  Maybe we can manually install the missing files in the
postInstall hook.

(I wonder what other distros do here.  I had a look at the Gentoo ebuild for
Firefox 3, but I couldn't quickly see if they do anything special to install the
missing stuff.)