[Nix-dev] Re: Irritating warnings for non existing security.setuidPrograms

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Thu Oct 30 11:56:44 CET 2008

Eelco Dolstra <e.dolstra at tudelft.nl> writes:

> Since the message annoys me as well and the underlying problem probably won't be
> fixed anytime soon :-), I propose we just remove it.

When I added that message, I found it useful (back then, setuid wrappers
would always be installed but would fail badly if the program was not
installed).  It also shows that the machine configuration is partly
determined at boot time (i.e., it depends on which programs are
available in the default profile).

Thanks,
Ludo'.