[Nix-dev] NFS stale locks

Tony White tonywhite100 at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 7 17:30:03 CEST 2009

2009/4/7 Marc Weber <marco-oweber at gmx.de>:
> On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 01:11:23PM +0100, Tony White wrote:
>> I'm seeing an nfs stale lock error whenever using nixos-rebuild
>> switch, Is there any way to come back from that?
>> It's preventing a new generation from being built and started
>> happening after I removed a channel.
>>
>> Tony
>
> Hi Tony,
>
> you should try google.
> I've seen an advice somewhere recently. It was about taking down the
> client and rebooting or unmoutning the nfs share and remonting using a
> special override if the target is already a mount point option or such.
>
> Good luck.
>
> Marc Weber

Thanks Marc,
I've re-installed because something I'd done had really screwed things
up, I wouldn't normally but my level of understanding is not quite
good enough yet.
I was wrong, It wasn't stale locks, It was "Stale NFS file handle."
I think it had something to do with subscribing to a specific channel,
Updating the expressions from it and then removing the channel.

I've re-installed and will be a bit more cautious in future.
Thanks,

Tony