[Nix-dev] setting kdm?

Sander van der Burg - EWI S.vanderBurg at tudelft.nl
Fri Apr 10 23:10:18 CEST 2009

I'm still working on the kdm service. It is still not finished and properly tested.

In order to use it you have to add a kdm service in your configuration.nix. Basically it should look something like this:

{

  services = {
    kdm = {
      enabled = true;
    };

    xserver = {
      enabled = false;
      /* Your X server properties here */
    }
  };
}

The KDM service uses all X server settings from the services.xserver attribute set (yes I know this should be handled differently).
Currently, the kdm service is a clone of the xserver upstart service modified to handle kdm. When the fixstyle-branche is merged we will implement a more cleaner and modular xserver upstart service.

As I said, the kdm service is not finished yet, so I cannot guarantee that it will work for you.