[Nix-dev] setting kdm?

Sander van der Burg - EWI S.vanderBurg at tudelft.nl
Sun Apr 12 12:14:32 CEST 2009

Well, I know this sounds confusing because the kdm upstart service is basically a hack and not coded properly. The reason why you should disable the xserver is that the xserver upstart job will start the slim display manager and we want to use KDM as display manager, not slim.

The only reason why there are xserver properties in the configuration.nix is that I wanted to use the same xserver properties as the regular xserver upstart job, instead of duplicating them in system/options.nix. The kdm upstart service is just a temporary service anyway.

I know this is dirty. Preferably, we just want one xserver upstart job that you can use to start either slim, kdm, or some other display manager such as gdm. When I'm done with experimenting with kdm, I will merge it with the regular xserver upstart job.