[Nix-dev] rpcgen of glibc can't find cpp ?

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Wed Apr 22 11:43:31 CEST 2009

> understand the nix expression format in the way that I want to yet but
> looking at the problem, assuming that you are working with autofs 5, I
May I ask you to contact me on irc?
I'd like to teach you everything I know and you want to know..

  preConfigure = ''
    configureFlags="--with-path=$PATH"
    export MOUNT=/var/run/current-system/sw/sbin/mount
    export MODPROBE=/var/run/current-system/sw/sbin/modprobe
  '';

You're totally right. That's why I've added these lines to the nix
expressions.

> If when you are mentioning patching, do you mean a patch to glibc
> sources, the expression, it's builder or nix?
I was talking about glibc. the cpp lookup path seems to be hardcoded
into the rpcgen binary. See strace output. Of course cpp is in path.
gcc (thus cpp) is added by stdenv by default.

Patching glibc (the rpcgen binary) will require rebuilt of some
packages. That's why I don't like that solution. But probably there is
no other way.

Sincerly
Marc Weber