[Nix-dev] Problem booting the new nixos kernel

Marco Maggesi maggesi at math.unifi.it
Tue Apr 28 17:27:28 CEST 2009

On Apr 27, 2009, at 4:30 PM, Sander van der Burg - EWI wrote:

> I had the same problem. Select your virtual machine -> Pick settings
> -> Select tab 'Advanced' -> Turn 'Enable PAE/NX' on.
>
> This should make it work under VirtualBox.

Yes, it works.  Thenk you!

---

Unfortunately I get another error later in the boot process.

<<< NixOS Stage 1 >>>

/nix/store/lv1...5q-kernel-modules-shrunk/insmode-list: No such file
or directory
Failed to resume..
dmsetup found, starting device mapper and lvm
/proc/misc: No entry for device-mappe found
Is device-mapper driver missing from kernnel?
Failure to comunicate with kernel device-mapper driver.
Command failed
error while running Stage 1
Stage 1 should mount the root partition containing the nix store on /
mnt/root

Press within 15 seconds:
   i) to launch an interactive shell
   f) to start an interactive shell having pid 1
      (needed if you want to start Stage 2 manually)
continuing ignoring error
   Reading all physical volumes.  This may take a whilw...
waiting for device /dev/sda2 to appear........
mounting /dev/sda2 on /...
mount: you must specify the filesystem type
error while running Stage 1