[Nix-dev] Re: [Nix-commits] SVN commit: nix - 18897 - MarcWeber - in nixpkgs/trunk/pkgs/applications/version-management/git-and-tools: . git

Eelco Dolstra e.dolstra at tudelft.nl
Sat Dec 12 18:29:40 CET 2009

Hi,

Ludovic Courtès wrote:

>> Log:
>> git: allow applying patches by config
> FWIW I find it very specific and mostly useless, based on the assumption
> that:

I agree.  If users really want specific customisations on top of the Git
expression in Nixpkgs, they can just write something like

  packageOverrides = pkgs: {

    git = overrideDerivation git (attrs: {
      patches = [ bla bla ];
    });

  };

in ~/.nixpkgs/config.nix.  Or just modify the Git Nix expression directly, for
that matter.