[Nix-dev] TexLive binaries using local installation, or eventually tetex

Valentin David valentin.david at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 19:36:00 CET 2009

If I call texi2pdf --help, I have the surprise to get more options
than texi2dvi. I found out that texi2pdf calls texi2dvi from another
installation. The local one.

Now if I call texi2dvi --pdf, it calls pdflatex from another
installation (I found it out with strace). It compiles, but this is
not what I want. To solve it, I export PDFLATEX pointing to the
TexLive pdflatex into the nix store.

Now, it calls the good pdflatex. But then it looks for pdflatex.fmt.
And apparently this file is neither in the texlive package nor the
texlive-extra one. So it takes the one in the local installation.

That is a problem for me, I am trying to make expressions to build
something dependent on TexLive in the buildfarm (I am testing it
locally). But then I get errors because the local installation is not
available anymore.

--
Valentin David
valentin.david at gmail.com